no spark

Asked by Feb 29, 2016 at 10:44 AM about the 1994 Toyota Pickup

i have 12 volts to the coil but no spark at the plugs. what do i check next.
could the ecm be bad

71,355

Cap and rotor would need to be checked for cracks and a burn mark on the under side of the rotor, make sure the wires are good, check for spark from the coil wire, the coil could be bad, The coil, distributor ignition pick-up, and ignition control module are all components for developing a spark, these items can be tested at a Auto-Zone. Check for obvious reasons first like the cap, rotor, & coil for burn, carbon tracks first.

no spark at coil.checked coil with volt ohm meter it test good? pulled one injecter plug off and checked it with a test light light stayed on while crank on both sides of the plug...

71,355

I would have the ignition control module & the coil tested. The coil has resistance values to measure in different sequences. The ICM makes and breaks the circuit to the coil for discharge. ICM took the place of the old points.

i have checked the coil and its good. noid pulse at the injectors, no pulse. and no check engine light. its got to be the ecm. we will see. thank all of you for your help

ECM burnt up,fuel pump relay caused it. my fingers are crossed in two weeks i will have the ECM backand all will be right with the world. thank you all