toyota

Asked by Feb 21, 2013 at 08:59 PM about the 1994 Toyota Pickup

I  have a94  pickup 22re motor  seems to lack  acceleration ,but runs fine. tried the obvious filter,plugs,wires,timiings good only 95 000.     I have another it has much better acceleration 200 000 . Also tried injecter cleaner .   thanks

I've got the same exact pickup....white. Ole bessie, has over 164,000 oil pump got kinda cracked up, but still pumps oil. This motor is powerful, and the five speed wants to go even faster at 85mph. Check your parking brake, may be hanging. wish I were a smaller man. this air conditioning is the best ever! dash mutilated, don't know what to do.

Still can get boulders and fill 'er up with crap to take to the dump. Had the bed full of stepping stones, all it did was steady the ride and handle better! Thing was designed to work for a living, not make an entry in the indiana motor way~

Timing chain replacement went very easy partially because we elected not to pull the head, but took leaking oil, a bit as the trade off~ Still this engine sounds like a hills brothers can full of marbles spinning round and round. Recently took it down to American Canyon, burned half a tank. came back running smooth as silk!

Thanks already checked that rolls fine.

dragging brake. dragging parking brake. plugged exhaust!

96,075

Plugged cat converter would be a good guess.

Best Answer

checked it too all is fine

You may be right about the converter do have another. I will switch them thanks

55

check your valves. one could be burned. and they need to be checked every once and a while

..really cannot blame the motor it is an American Made creature and rugged as hell!

had a honda motor scooter -2 stoke and no one could figure how to get to go, rebuilding carburetors and disassembling the engine. I took a drill bit and ran it into the exhaust thru their resonator and the thing WENT LIKE HELL, took a spill and said enough of this noise the bent glasses were as much as the scooter! skinned knee healed just fine. To woarbley to do this shit anymore...it's the domain of the young.

you ran it on Ethyl by mistake?