swapping out engines

Asked by Jun 11, 2010 at 06:21 PM about the 1994 Toyota Celica

I have a '94 Celica that I am rebuilding from the ground up.  I would love to replace the 1.8 with a 6 cylinder. Has anyone done this? Also I want to go from auto to manual.  This is all after the body kit and custom paint job is done.

55

HI yes this has all been done before you can put a v6 in there from another toyota or a lexus please dont ask about the 2jz not gonna happen unless you drop like 15 grand you can find more info here http://www.6gc.net/ everything you will ever need about the 6th Generation Celica is there

465

i went from the 5sfe to a 3sgte and mine is semi auto. is so so quick. otherwise i would get like an rb26dett from a skyline but then it aint a toyota is it

55

semi auto wat tranny u running?

465

5sfe tranny rebuilt by a transmission place in newtown. It has a solenoid control box. car runs 15 psi and its beaten some pretty quick cars. Best car beaten was the new nissan GT-R with 357KW and 588nm torque. Lets just say i'm glad stupid wrxs aren't in the equation no more. If you are in sydney and getting this done watch out though can't tell you how many dodgy mechanics ive been to and wasted my money. I now only trust my car to RIGOLI in Wetherill Park. Ever since it has gone there there has not been any problems and the car uses no oil, no water and runs like a dream. The guy before them i ended up taking to court for the crap job he did and won $14000 from him.

55

i see i did not know you could semi auto the s54 huh you should join 6gc.net its all about celicas of the 6th generation sounds like you have a great car

465

actually you can turn any auto gearbox into a semi auto except for rotary gearboxes I imagine as they have some extra pin thing and are practically all manual.

465

also do not be fooled by the 3sgte gearbox i think its code is E something or other. It is WEAKER than the S54 as the planetary gears are smaller by 2mm or so. The transmission place told me this and even showed me the difference. He said many people are under the misunderstanding that because the engine is turbo and more powerful to start it must be stronger but from what I see of the interior and mechanics its probably around the same strength if not weaker than the 5sfe gearbox.

55

The e153 is commonly used a very good tranny of the v6 camry but im pretty sure dat the 3 series had the s54

I need some help and some good explanation.....I have a 6 speed manual celica I want to convert into a semi automatic is it possible how much and is it a good idea thank you

I have a 1993 Celica STand it has the 1.6 in it and I would like to put the 2.0 all track motor in it or a 2.2 dual overhead cam from a 93 gt can anyone tell me if this is possible? Sorry if a dumb question it's my first Celica.

Alright I have a couple of questions about motor swapping. I have a 94 celica that the motor went out in. I bought another 1.8 motor that came out of a 93. The question I have is will I have to swap the heads to compensate for all type extra vacuum lines or can I get away with just swapping the motors?