Mechanical or electric or both

Asked by Apr 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Corvette

While driving down the highway at 55 mph the engine just stopped running.  I sat by the road for about 10 minutes then it start and ran like nothing was wrong but quit twice more the same way before I got home.  The car is an 01 but only has 19,000 miles on it.  I took it out again since and it did it again and wouldn't start had a lift truck bring it home and as soon as we put it on the ground it started.

115

I had a 1999 Vette that did the same thing. I changed the fuel filter and had the injectors cleaned.

1,865

Kinda sounds like you are having problems with your VATS system but I wouldnt think you would with that low of miles. Then again Im not sure if that would cause the car to cut off while driving or not, I know it would keep it form starting. You need to pull your codes, the way you do that is to hold down the options button and press the fuel button 4 times while continuing to hold down options. It will then cycle through and read out all the codes automatically. It cycles at a rate which is typically too fast to copy them down so you will want to go through them manually once it finishes. The first four buttons on the dash will allow you to scroll through, I cant remember if its the first two or the second two that allow you to scroll through the subsets but you should be able to figure it out from there. Once you get all the codes post them up on here with the corresponding H or C that follows it.