Tons of Water under front passenger seat and back floor (dripping) slightly wet in front

30

Asked by Dec 11, 2013 at 07:55 PM about the 2000 Toyota Camry

There is water getting into my 1990 Camry when it rains when it's parked in the
driveway. Just went outside, noticed the inside was fogging up and when I checked
under the floor mats it is so wet the mats are dripping and the doors are beginning to
freeze shut. I believe it is coming in the floor vent under the front passenger seat
because most of the water is under the seat, but I how do I find the source? The car is
parked on a level driveway and the last rain storm was without wind. The seats are dry.
I am broke, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

are you running the A/C to defrost...well that moisture has to go somewhere...yes inside the evaporator housing...until it floods over the top...what you must do is look at the base of the firewall you'll find a PLUGGED UP evaporator drain line....or tell your wrencher "this evaporator drain line is blocked"....of course it does not smell like coolant...perhaps some cologne you may have been wearing...I'll see if I can come up with a cartoon fer ye~

okay here's a kindy-garden drawing kinda explains it~

Here it is...you gotta peel back the carpeting to see it~ ....have your dude blast with a pin blaster~

mark helpful...if you're with all this~...please~

30

car isn't running, it's parked and has been parked for nearly a week. We had about two inches of rain over last few days. Should mention I have a sunroof, but it seems like if that was leaking, there would be water on the seats... I've noticed the floor was damp before, but never like it is tonight. I will investigate more in the morning once it gets above freezing. BTW, got no dude, will be working on this myself.

50

The rear seat has a rubber plug that was not seated correctly in my 2010 Corolla causing the same problem. I popped it and reseated it. Seems to have worked for me

30

I have a 2002 Honda Civic that I'm having the same problem with. The driver side seems to get wet when I run the defrost. I was parked in the garage all year I did not use the defrost. But the past few week I've parked in the driveway and use the defrost in the morning 3 times this week. Today the drivers side floor was soaked.

Same problem in my 2001 BMW wagon. My machanic checked the drain lines around the sun roof. They can get clogged and cause this. There was nothing blocking the lines but he ran a pressure hose through it anyway. This cleared the problem for a few weeks! I was so happy, but alas the problem is back. I'm going to try the suggestions above. Thank you!