Not startig

Asked by Feb 18, 2016 at 04:57 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

I have an s10 92 with a 4.3 and I ran it down
the road and installed about two times but
got it in the driveway and it won't start again
I don't know if it's a distributor or I know it
ain't the fuel filter or fuel pump so I don't
know what it is

5,185

Hey Mario-Sorry to hear about your S10 problems. So when you try to start it, does it just turn over and over? Does it make a clicking sound? Do all your lights work? If its the fuel filter a good whack on the fuel tank with a rubber mallet, or a light bang with a hammer will usually get it started (if that works then you know its the fuel filter). When you turn the key to ACC (meaning turning the key forward one click to turn on the accessories i.e. the radio, heather, and dash lights come on but not start it), do you hear the fuel pump priming itself? It sounds like a quiet hum from the back of the rig that lasts about 2-3 seconds? Ill follow your thread to hear back from you. With more information I can diagnose your problems more accurately. Best of luck man!

79,015

Have you checked for spark?, and how do you know it is not the fuel pump? Fuel pressure on that one is 9 to 13 lbs. at the TBI