help with hvac chevy k3500

Asked by Sep 30, 2015 at 05:43 AM about the 1992 Chevrolet C/K 3500

I have a 1992 Chevrolet Silverado k3500 standard cab pickup with a 6.5l turbo diesel. I have had the trucks hvac actuator replaced twice which is located next to the gas pedal on the drivers side. I will mention that the complete dash has been removed and reinstalled by a GM mechanic on the side. The defroster blows out some air along with the dash vents or the floor vent when either one is selected. What would cause this? Was it reasembled wrong or is there an adjustment that could be made to the spring mechanism above the actuater. Please forgive my spelling. I have had a stroke and am trying the best I can. I wanted to restore my old truck and would like some ideas before I have it torn apart again.

I think it was reassembled incorrect !