1992 chevy nose replacment

Asked by Dec 23, 2006 at 09:07 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500

I need to replace the whole nose on my 1992 chevy PU when im buying the nose what parts should i get for the money the whole front end is wrecked both fenders,hood, bumper,grill ect also how will I be able to tell if it will bolt on streight.TKS Dave

20,840

Dave, this is a bit like calling a medical talk show and asking for a diagnosis over the phone! These are difficult questions to answer without seeing the patient first hand. This sounds like a pretty hefty investment of time and money an as such you want to make sure you end up with quality results. Having a body professional take a look and give you a consult would seem like money well spent at this point. In addition you want to make sure all the other systems in the PU are sound as well for example the steering systems and chassis. No sense repainting the house when the foundation needs repair. That you ask these questions is reason enough to seek professional help.

11,425

I agree with LouB. What you see on the outside is just that. It covers up the damaged parts on the inside. Is the frame bent? Tie rods, all tearing parts, inner liner for the fenders, breaks and all related parts... The list goes on. Headlight assembly, bumper holders, and heck, I know your doing the work yourself, but look at a price difference between betting another 92 and the cost of fixing this one. A good sound mechanical running truck may be less headaches in the long run. Sometime the horse needs to be put down. If you can fix it all, more power to you. Have fun first, try not to cuss too much, and enjoy your project.