Rough idle at startup

Asked by Nov 09, 2016 at 07:03 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500

Just changed my fuel pump on my 95 chevy cause
it was runinng very badly ... So now it runs fine ...
Only problem is at startup the idle is very low but
after a few seconds it idle perfectly . any
suggestions on whats causing that issue?  By the
way i dropoed the tank and added new fuel and
rebuilt and cleaned the throttle body aswell

97,105

Did you mess with the minimum air rate screw when you rebuilt the throttle body? If so that will have to be reset and the computer put back to factory default and then a relearn protocol run on the truck so it can find out the new settings of the rebuilt componets.

Where exactly is the screws that you are talking about ?? I just cleaned and replaced all the gaskets on throttle body.

97,105

Ok then you didn't mess with it, it is sealed so you would have had to drill the cover and pop it out. So then go ahead and reset the computer and run the protocols and see if the idle stabilizes in about 20 minutes of driving time. If it doesn't then the ISC motor might need replacing. Verify that the sensor grounds are good, especially those right there in front where the thermostat housing is.

Put a new battery and drove it for about 2 hrs .. Continues to do the same ... Forgot to mention that it also cuts off a once when i come to a stop during driving ... How would i reset the computer?

97,105

If you put in a new battery that would have reset the computer,but did you put the battery in before or after the repairs? If after then it has already went through the protocols, so it maybe the ISC motor is sticking or slow, if you have a NAPA store they maybe able to check it for you, call them to,see if they have the unit for testing.

Ok i will replace that later on when i get off work .... Thanks for the help . i will let you know if that solves the issue .. Thanks again