optional paint colors

Asked by May 07, 2009 at 02:39 AM about the 1989 Honda Prelude

I was just challenged about a craigslist listing- I'm selling a 1989 prelude si, and a person responded that it couldn't be a 1989 due to the color. It is light brown/goldish he also said that the tail lights were the wrong color and the wheels weren't for a 1989. While the wheels and lights could have been switched out, I'm 100% sure that the original paint is what's on the car. Not to mention my clean title lists lt brown as the color. Is this guy an idiot trying to be a know-it -all? What are the colors available for a 1989 prelude?

http://www.preludezone.com/showthread.php?p=201621 thats lists most colours but no it's not impossible. My old car a mazda 626 was champagne even the colour code on the doors came out as champagne but ownerships first off don't list the real colour but the closest from a list considering my lude is a Crystal Blue Metallic but it's listed as silver. Don't let him get you down he's just a dumbarse. If he was right my ownership would be wrong for my car cause there is no 1999 silver prelude

you have a 1989 3rd gen facelift. this model was introduced in 1989 but some of the older (orange tail lights) models were sold as late as 1991 because they sat in the showroom. the paintwork may well be original, it was made in that colour in that year. the wheels however, i think came off a later model accord as that is the only other car i have ever seen them on.

the car in the picture is cappucino brown mettalic which is more popular on the 4th gen civic sedan. hope this helps.JBM.