poor gas mileage

Asked by Apr 12, 2008 at 10:13 AM about the 2003 Honda CR-V

Love the car - bought Dec. 06.  But gas mileage dreadful - under 20 mpg.  Improved after air filter changed, but back to low miles again.  Is this standard?  I have about 25M miles on the car.  My 99 Odyssey was better than the CRV on mpg.

You should be getting somewhere between 23 and 29 mpg. You have at least 3 options that I can think of. 1. Change your driving habbits. Fast starts and "flooring it" will hurt your mpg worse than anything. 2. Change your fuel source. You might be getting a poor grade of fuel based on lowest price. 3. Add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to your fuel tank once every other month. This might clean out the deposits that are robbing your mpg. Good luck!

do you have a fuel leak? checked your fuel filter?

Not sure why.... I have 278, 000. ML on my 1997 CR-V... I get better then that. Even with all my miles. Try changing your spark plugs... or your spark plug wires. That will cause not only gas Mileage but power loss.

What goes through my head... fuel filter? injection cleaner? Plugs/wires? oil leaking into plug wells from valve cover gasket?

I have a 2003 CRV and gas milage sucks. I just had firestone do the 3 stage fuel injector cleaning and changed out the plugs, no spark plug wires on this car, thats what I'm told. 89 bucks for plugs and 98 bucks for the fuel injection cleaning. Much better gas milage, 27 on highway, used to get about 20. I have 120,000 miles on it.

I've got a mk3 2.2 diesel (2007). Does over 30 mpg around town and over 40 on a longer journey. So like others have said, maybe there's something wrong with the car...

Yeah must be something wrong with the car. My 02 gets about 30mpg.

yur 03 crv has a fuel filter built into the fuel pump. so u cant change the fuel filter with changing the fuel pump. best off changing the plugs, and air filter, and putting a bottle of techron in the tank and if oil change is due to make sure u us the right oil. should improve the mpg.

My wife's CRV is a 2012. It had been getting about 27.5 mpg. It all of a sudden dropped to 23 mpg the last two tanks of fuel. I went to a local dealer and they said there was nothing wrong. No fuel change, no change in driving habits and all of a sudden it gets 23 mpg. Something is wrong. This was a great car. I have had other Hondas and Honda motorcycles. This will be the last Honda for me, unless this is fixed or gets better or heals up on its own.

I have a 2013 with less than 1500 miles on it. Was getting about 24.9. then I figured I would try pressing that green Econ button. Got worse mileage. turned the green button off and continued with worse mileage. Hasn't even had its first oil change yet. Love the car but very disappointed. Hopefully it will be something that can be fixed.

Ihave one honda CR-V, ONLY 750 miles on it, and I only get 17-20 mpg, I drive very careful, not sudden changes of speed, and Im very dissapointed, I been calling honda seller,and request to exchange por one odyssey, dont called me back. My old honda odyssey 2000 was giving me almost the same miles por galon. Im very angry

I have Honda CRV 2010 make it 17.4 as average fuel per gallon, what should I do

I have a 2014 Honda CRV- I am lucky if I get 13 mpg, in the city! Just drove 2 and a half hours on the freeway and only got up to 26 mpg!!! Tons of oil changes, with only 26,775 miles on it!!! Extremely disappointed!! That econ button is a joke!! I don't do fast starts, and stops, however, sitting at a light, and easy acceleration my mpg tank!!!

Tired of poor mileage - bought a Prius . I'm a happy camper !

My 2014 CRV recently started to use a lot of gas. I live in a hilly city, but why all of a sudden. I mentioned it to the mechanic when I got an oil change a week ago, but he wasn't of any help. I think I will try a different gas station and see ...I had a Toyota RAV and the gas mileage was much better. I like my CRV but this suddenly happening and I only have 20,070 kilometers on it.

I have 2009 fuel problem filling up more than my 2004 Nissan quest. Wish I had did my homework. Have to drive slow for good mpg

valve into block with 3 vacuum hoses lines. What is the name Honda CRV 2003

I have a 2003 crv and get about 300kms per tank only!! its got 270000kms and drives like new but ive never had a vehicle with such poor mileage. Ive changed plugs, air filter, used multiple bottles of injector cleaner, always use correct oil and have tried all grades of gas. I drive like an old granddad and Still no change. What about PCV valve? Any other ideas as this is costing a fortune in gas!

what do you mean by valve into block with vacuum hoses

FB1978 I think he means the IAC

Same problem....after oil change my gas mileage began to drop.......now i know why they said they changed the oil at della but they didnt...Prior to oil change I was gettting 30-34 on highway after oil change and right away the mileage dropped to 22 highway and im at 70 % oil life left the mileage is still going down....no change in driving habits......HONDA KNOWS WHATS GOING ON.......DONT BUY FOR ECONOMY......GO TOYOTA IF YOU WANT A GOOD GAS MILEAGE CAR!!!

My Car: 2007 Honda CRV EX-L , NAVI Guys, I had the same problem. My car was stolen, recovered in pretty beat up condition. I used to get about 24 mpg average , now its 17 ... So i scratched my head and eventually did some vary basic thing, that vastly improved MPG and did better than before. I am averaging 27 to 29 mpg. Here is what I did. 1) Remove the intake air filter. 2) Cleaned intake grill of all rubbish, accumulated dirt, leaves from near the windshield corners, 3) Also cleaned the insides of the intake chamber, below the air filter. I noticed small debris & dirt and crushed leaves that were probably sucked inside. 4) Wiped insides of the chamber where the filter sits clean 5) Replaced air filter. 6) Reset the MPG counter including in both A & B. 7) Started driving the car normally. 8) After driving about 25 miles , its averaging now at 26.8 MPG in regular highway driving without traffic. I am happy

We are a world-renowned hacker. We engage in different sorts of hacking. - icloud, discord, Viber,School grade, facebook,instragram,whatsapp Bank transfers, Western Union, Money Gram My Contact Gmail: huonghacker5 ICQ: 719967806 Skpe: pinoy coding academy Whatsapp: +1 909 443 4644