transission skipping

5

Asked by Dec 01, 2007 at 08:06 PM about the 1992 Audi 100

my car all of a sudden just skipped gears all drive gear lights came on and started bucking.  after restarting...my car would rev at 20mph...????help me im clueless

sounds to me bands in transmission broke,probley a total rebuilde.

has your battery area been flooded with water? i had similar symptoms after car got filled with water up to top of battery.seemed to remedy itself after drying out .

All drive gear lights on mean the transmission computer module (TCM) has placed the trans in what is called limp mode. You will need to take it into an audi dealer or an indy shop that has the equipment to read the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that the computer has thrown up. If you're a DIY'er you can buy a code reader (on eBay for Volkwagon Audi Group VAG) to read the code. Until you know the trouble code, you won't know how tpo fix it.