driver airbag

Asked by Apr 19, 2009 at 04:13 AM about the 1994 Honda Civic del Sol

Is it possible for CO2 to be deployed w/o the airbag in a toxic amount? One day after driving 2 miles I shut off the key and woke up 7 hours later.  I was overcome with CO2 and now have brain damage.  Is what I ask possible or did someone try to "off" me?  I am serious.  

Not likely... CO2 isn't toxic and dissipates quickly... You'd need prolonged exposure to a large amount. It won't knock you out if someone puffs some in your face. Where were you when you passed out?

I would check for CO poisoning, probably from an exhaust leak somewhere in your emissions system. CO2 is a relatively harmless gas and that's the end result of catalysation through the cars exhaust system. It takes extreme amounts of CO2 to cause brain damage, and it's not found in airbags. Airbags actually use an explosive charge when deployed. That's why they're so valuable to steal and also deemed hazardous to ship.