what is the top speed of audi V8 1993 4,2 litre

Asked by Dec 11, 2007 at 07:32 AM about the 1993 Audi V8

44,965

I believe it is governed around 120-135 mph.

215

Governed at 155 mph by order of NHTSA. (It will go faster than that)

I was a sales rep for an Audi dealer in 1993 and delivered a new red V-8 Quattro to Incline Village, Nevada myself from the midwest. With another employee, just outside Reno on a 5 mile stretch of road with no space to position police radar, I topped out at 182 MPH for about 30 seconds. That was all this new car had. The pressure exerted at that speed made it stuck to the road like a giant hand was pressing down on the car. Stability was awesome. I passed one car as if he was parked. Neatest ride ever for me. What a car!!!