I need to replace the dashboard clock on my '76 Elite

Asked by May 11, 2012 at 04:42 PM about the 1976 Ford Elite

the clock worked when I bought the car and my mechanic broke it!
I want a new one!
any suggestions?

217,555

If your mechanic broke it, I'd make him either replace it or compensate you for it. Was he doing some work under the dashboard and possibly moved a wire and that's why it isn't working? It will be hard to find a replacement.

Well, he had to remove the dashboard to fix a steering column issue and the whole instrument panel was rendered useless in the process. Don't really think it was his fault as old things sometimes crumble in our hands. We got a replacement instrument panel but no clock. I am thinking maybe I can get someone to fix it since I cannot find a replacement! Surely someone knows how to rebuild a clock? thanks for responding

6,155

Try Green sales company in Cinncinatti, Ohio http://greensalescompany.com or the clockworks at http://www.clockwks.com/The_Clock_Worx.html Either one should be able to help you out with a new clock. Good Luck, Kenny.