I need help with my Mk1 3000 GT face lift Capri

Asked by Apr 02, 2013 at 06:30 PM about the 1973 Ford Capri

Hello I am looking for help.
I have a 3000 GT MKI face lift. It's been in my garage since 1991 and I have decided to get it back on the road. I
need help with the the suspension top plates. I need to know if they are double skinned as when looking for
panels there seem to be an inner and an outer. Does anyone know of any good information about welding them
on? Thanks.

20,815

a spot welder would be the way to go, unless your good with a torch

2,785

Working from memory I believe originally there were two separate panels that made the strut mounts. 1) A bracing panel on the inside of the inner wing ( an upside down L shaped panel which the strut went up in to and 2) the inner wing. They were prone to corrosion and you were able to get a repair panel which was welded to the top of the inner wing panel. This was recommended to be 'seam welded' most common form of welding was and still is 'mig welding' try this website to see panels: www.tickover.co.uk