my ford capri mk1 3.0 v6 mk1 1971 model is in need of a restoration.is it worth restoring?

5

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 08:28 AM about the 1971 Ford Capri

264,375

If your doing all the work yourself, it might be, if others are are going to do the body work and all mechanincal work, then No. You will be putting in more to the same amount of money that the car is worth. If it has sentimental value, then you might want to consider it. If you do restore it, don't think it will be a couple weeks, could be years of your time and money.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Tom makes a very good point about sentimental value. That is purely a personal decision.

25

yes it should be, but as stated do a bit of research as to what is reqd and cost it out, for me My Capri's hold a lot of sentimental value, however to add, in New Zealand 3ltrs are rare, Aussie assembled even more so, and thus command a higher sale price (if I ever should sell, and that is not an option at the moment nor any future I can see haha)

2,855

The MK1 Capri's are becoming very rare as many have long rusted away or been wrecked beyond all repair by budding amateur street racing youths. In the U.K they are now fetching serious money especially the special editions such as the RS versions. Capri's are now considered proper classics and even a rough restoration project car can cost you UPWARDS OF GBP1500.00 !! I wish i still had mine from 20 years ago.

5

Tom,David,Shawn and Paul thanks for your help,i have decided to do a complete restoration although its gona b tuff findin sum of the parts i need here in Africa,i will probably hav to import them.looking forward to starting my project and posting the pics of my progress soon. cheers.

2,855

I am seriously considering buying a restoration project myself so look forward to seeing your pictures.