HOW TO REPLACE HEATER CORE ON 86 FORD BRONCO 2

Asked by Dec 03, 2014 at 09:57 PM about the 1986 Ford Bronco II

heater core replacement on my 86 ford bronco 2 v6.  How to do this.

8,130

You must identify what heating and a/c system is in there. You must take the vehicle with you to answer questions when ordering which part fits, You must figure out which procedure applies to what you are working on. It seems one way, then it turns out you have the other. Then you have to go back to parts and explain holding the one you took out. Good luck. Some libraries get ford manuals donated to them. You will also find having the years before and after is necessary. That's the way they made them and it is not a task for the faint of heart. Be slow, careful, and patient. Have your mustang gassed up for parts runs. Work on the right side of the instrument panel at the dash. remove the glove compartment. Have a powerful flashlight that can get in there. look at exactly how it is put together or hire it done by an experienced tech.

30

lower the glove box door you don't have to remove it once you got the glove box open look you'll see the heater box below that you'll see the heater box there's a trap door with 3 8 millimeter bolts remove the bolts the panel will pop out giving you access to the heater core it should take no longer than 20 minutes to a half hour to replace

8,130

I hope that comes true for you. .....sometimes......but really, time the operation and report back what it took for hours and minutes. That thing is almost 30 years old now. should be interesting reading if you tell the actual.