Starting

5

Asked by Feb 08, 2009 at 02:01 AM about the 1989 Ford Bronco II

I have had electrical issues with my bronco 2.  The major problem is     every so often when I go to start my bronco the starter will stay running.  I've had it in the shop and my mechanic cannot get it to act up.  yet just out of the blu it will act up.  could it be in the ignition switch? I have been through 3 starters because when the stater stays  running and I try to pop the clutch it doesn't kill it right away.  What is wrong with my vechicle??????

235

you might want to see if the solenoid is sticking on.......there is a solenoid right by the battery.....check that first or just replace it....they are pretty cheap....if that not it, then check the ignition switch....could have a internal short

I'm know this post is very old but just in case someone else has this issue Starters burning up....Then solenoids going out...check the teeth on flywheel especially the housing where it bolts to transmission,they tend to break up there. Which causes the flywheel to free spin & not engage pin back into starters. That's why your truck continuously tries to start with no key in ignition.

And that's why your mechanic couldn't figure it out, he wasn't looking in right place...Costed me quite an bit, but I figured it out whilst I was dismantling my 89.