4-WHEEL DRIVE WONT WORK

Asked by Feb 01, 2007 at 08:33 PM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II

MY FREIND SAID HE UNPLUGGED SOMETHING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT!

33,155

I've been racking my brain to try and figure out what it was that he unplugged that would make the 4wd not work. I can't think of anything. I would either get a chilton repair manual (from auto store or library) or have a local mechanic look at it to see what your friend unplugged. Oh and make him pay for it!

10

If your Bronco ahs electronic shift transfer case rather than a manual shifter on the floor. He probably unpluged the wiring harness to the electric shift motor at the transfer case.

915

If it is an electric transfer case, then that's what he unplugged. Why was he messing with your truck?

30

i have a 1988 for bronco 2 it has a brand new shift motor 4 wheel drive i changed the module and the 4 wheel light comes on because its in 4 wheel drive but it wont shift at all is there any thing else that could be doing it thanks