Whats wrong?

5

Asked by Sep 04, 2007 at 08:33 PM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II

Me and my friend were tuning up my truck. I let him take the spark plugs and wires. Now my truck wont start. I've looked front to back in my haynes book. I took everything out and started over. I have the spark plugs gapped and my wires hooked up to the spark plugs. As far as I know the firing order goes 1,4,2,5,3,6. It wont start. Please tell me what I and my friend are missing.

425

make sure the firing order on the cylinders and the firing order on the distrubuter are correct.

Check the rotation of the distributer..... even if the firing order is right, the wires have to match the rotation. right is 1,4,2,5,3,6 , wrong rotation would be 1,6,3,5,2,4.

865

First, you need to make sure where #1 cylinder is on the dist. Pull the number one spark plug, and use a breaker bar, and turn the engine until you feel pressure building in the #1 cylinder. Use a screw driver to see when the piston reaches the top of the cylinder Poke the screw driver through the S.P. hole and watch it come up. When it stops, then it is at Top Dead Center. Back it up a few degrees and the rotor should be pointing at the #1 location. You can run the remaining wires based on this location.