temp and fuel gauges not working

Asked by Feb 14, 2007 at 07:18 PM about the 1989 Ford Bronco

all other gauges work fine, have changed out gauge cluster and temp sending unit, still these two dont work

18,775

Hello, I believe your truck has a constant voltage device which maintains a steady flashing pulse of voltage to the gauges. This normally would prevent the gauges from fluctuating based on the angle of the truck and its sensors. I'm guessing your device has gone bad as both gauges are broken. Best of luck! CarGrrl

I have the same issue on my 89 Bronc, any solution you've found yet?

sending unit in gas tank for gas gauge,temp control for tem gauge.

20

would it be possible if someone had a new exhaust system put in they could have knocked a wire loose?

There is a small silver box,screwed on the back of the cluster-It is a voltage-drop,for those two gauges..Chances are-It"s bad..

270

I am not familiar with your vehicle, but in my VW Eurovan on the gauge circuit board is a chip called the voltage regulator to supply a certain constant (.5 V variation acceptable) voltage for the gauges. It costs about $12 (in Germany no more than 90 cents) and is easily exchanged. Check your book of how to test and watch mounting of replacement chip .