88 bronco won't go into 4 wheel drive. Husband out of town!! Help

Asked by Jan 15, 2007 at 06:45 PM about the 1988 Ford Bronco

My bronco's 4 wheel drive was working fine, I took it out of 4 wheel drive when I got on the freeway because it was clear of snow. Trying to get back home and when I went to put it in 4 wheel drive nothing happenes. Any suggestions?

Hi nancielou! I can't find any similar discussions or trouble shooting on the web. There are however troubleshooting guides in the Chilton's manual for your Bronco. You will probably be able to find a copy at your local library but if not you can try your local book store or parts store. You may also want to post your question to a Bronce or Ford truck-related forum such as the Goggle Ford Truck Forum (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.trucks.ford/topics?lnk=sg&hl=en). Good luck!

this is some what common you could of striped the gears in the transfer case because after you switch from 4WD to 2WD you need to back up for at leat 20 FT. and that will totally take it out of 4WD.