1986 Bronco 302 V8 4WD stalling when braking to a stop

Asked by Oct 18, 2015 at 08:22 AM about the 1986 Ford Bronco

Sometimes it stalls when turning and letting off gas! The idle rpm goes up and
down slightly! Replaced the idle air control valve... Could it be throttle position
sensor? Where is it located? Does it come off easily? Do I even have one????

The throttle position sensor is located at the bottom of the throttle body. If it's a fuel injected ford engine from 1986 to 1996 its mounted vertically, and not horizontally like most automakers. Also, did you start with the cheap stuff like a fuel filter first?

Yes i replaced both fuel filters,checked fuel pressure,it was fine. Replaced air idle control. Did tuneup,plugs,cap,wires..... Will happen when you come up to a stop and lift your foot off gas and apply brake!! Or when you lift foot off gas to make a sharp turn!! Does'nt happen frequently. When it acts up it is after its warmed up or been running awhile.....

It sounds like you've done a lot. The last thing I could think of would be a vacuum leak. I've had vehicle issues similar to what you're experiencing with something as simple as a vacuum leak. I hope this helps, it's all I've got left. Best of luck, and try not to give up.