smog pump

15

Asked by Sep 29, 2011 at 07:52 PM about the 1984 Ford Bronco

i have a 1984 bronco with a 351w. i am going to hook up the smop pump for emissions testing. what does the smog pump connect to at the back of the block and will this effect the emissions result?

55

There should be a cross over line behind the engine that connects to the exhaust. This is what you need to connect the pump to. Hopefully its still there. In most cases (that I've seen) the cross over is left in the vehicle when someone disconnects the smog pump. Mainly because its hard to remove.