1983 Ford Bronco. Need some help!

5

Asked by May 21, 2011 at 06:59 PM about the 1983 Ford Bronco

Bought a 1983 Ford Bronco, Full Size, earlier this year. The problem I am having is that it runs and drives well for maybe a good ten miles or so. Upon these ten miles or so, it feels as if the enginge is pulling heavily, as if it's not getting enough gas, despite the fact that the gas pedal is to the floor. Within a few seconds of this happening it just dies completely and won't start again for at least a good thirty minutes.
I've tried everything that I know of. Some one mentioned to me that I ought to change the master cylinder. If anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it! I am  as a loss with what to do.

master cylender works the breaks.sounds like a fuel flow problem,replace fuel filter,clean throttle body inside with carb cleaner,keep it running and throttle it.

35

cut a hole in the exhaust pipe before the catalytic converter see if it goes longer. if so you have a clogged cat. if your exhaust is restricted it will lose power and if its bad enough it will stop the engine. who ever told you it was the master is an idiot and i wouldnt take any advice from them.

15

master cylender??? i would check out the passenger door lock first. i agree with papa, it sounds like a fuel flow issue. i would start at the carb and work back to the tank. the converter suggestion is very interesting, i would have never thought of that... it makes sense. please keep me posted, i am intersted in knowing the solutions. good luck.

on the cat issue,all you do is drill a 1/8th hole in it,put a screw back in it,is called a drill test.

15

damn papa, how do you know so much?

Trial & era.

20

yep,bad cats are killers,you can allso place your hand over the end of the exhaust pipe if you can kill the truck by doing this it is for sure your cat. you should wear gloves if you are checking hot engine.