OEM front and rear axles.

Asked by Apr 21, 2011 at 06:35 PM about the 1981 Ford Bronco

Can I find the axle sizes and gears with the VIN? I am guessing the rear is 8.8? or 9"?
Front not sure Dana 35? It is a 1981 300 straight six 4spd granny gear.
Anything?

you should be able to get them from any parts store,the axles dont have anything to do with the gearing,even with the granny trany,find a wrecked one in a junk yard pull them ,put in yours .is yours bad or what is the problem.

205

for the rear diff when you look at the back side of it does is have a cover? if so it is the 8.8. if not than it is a 9". for ratio pull the axle code (on the driver side B-pillar)and i'm sure someone can can find the ratio for you. Don't quote me but i do believe that you have a Dana 44 and not a 35