Ford bronco gas mileage?

Asked by Apr 21, 2011 at 08:15 AM about the 1981 Ford Bronco

I have a 1981 ford bronco I brought back from the grave. It is a 300 Straight 6. I was
wondering if I should get a newer more efficient carb or stick with original carb that came
with it? The carb is rebuilt I need to tune timing and carb and check on breaks for one thing.
Other then the carb another hunints?

765

rebuid the original

keep the stock one.

Papa and Steve are right, stay oem.that engine will rip stumps out of the ground, but they love gasoline LOTS of gasoline accept it the fuel injected versions work real nice, but still love gas Im sure opec loves those engines, they generate considerable revenue That engine rivals an anvil where reliability is concerned