1970 ford bronco engine swap

Asked by Sep 21, 2017 at 11:03 PM about the 1970 Ford Bronco

I want to swap my 2015 Toyota engine and transmission
onto my 1970 ford bronco . Can I do this conversion

10

The first question is have you ever done a swap before? Have you read up on it? There are a few key things such as mounting points and room and the type of motor and tranny obviously. If you're taking a FWD motor and tranny. You're kinda stuck with making a FWD bronco.

No, i have not. I wanted to have a mechanic do it . I understand that there would be a lot of adoptions . I was just trying to find out if it's possible.

10

Anything is possible. People pit dodge viper engines in Honda S2000s. It's more about bow much hassle it will be for the mechanic and how much you want to pay.

139,775

A Mustang 5.0 is a better choice.

10

Actually a toyota V8 would be better

Yea , I have a mustang 5.0 in it already. I want it to be a everyday commuter and my Toyota is wrecked .

139,775

What is wrong with the current Ford engine? What Toyota engine do you have? The Toyota will involve a LOT of work and expense where as a Ford 5.0 will bolt in. This is your choice and your WALLET.