I want to change out the 6 for a small block 289 carberated. What do I need to do?


Asked by Nov 30, 2007 at 11:35 PM about the 1970 Ford Bronco

Question type: Car Customization

2 Answers

more info year 2 or 4 wheel drive


Shouldn't be a huge problem. Get a Haynes manual for all the nitty-gritty details of removing and replacing the engine. I believe these had a C-6 Transmission, the 289 should bolt right up.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Ford Bronco Questions

Ford Bronco Experts

#1 tennisshoes
Reputation 420
#2 Clayton Cameron
Clayton Cameron
Reputation 170
#3 Js08016
Reputation 160
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Mustang
712 Great Deals out of 44,995 listings starting at $1,500
Used Chevrolet Blazer
1,184 listings starting at $1,495
Used Ford F-250
462 listings starting at $4,690
Used Ford F-100
162 listings

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.