MY 77 302 WILL NOT START WHEN HOT

Asked by Aug 16, 2012 at 03:05 PM about the 1966 Ford Bronco

I HAVE A 66 BRONCO WITH A 77 302 ENGINE AND A UNILITE DIST. I HAVE CHANGED OUT THE MODULE, ADDED A ACTIVE POWER FILTER, AND TAKEN 12V DIRECTLY FROM BATTERY THRU A RELAY TO THE RESISTOR AND THE OUT TO THE DIST. IT WILL CRANK WHEN COLD BUT NOT HOT.

1,135

Sounds like your timimg is off. Check that if that dosent work check the pig tail on the distibutor. It may have wires that are stretched and loise contact when warm. That Second 1 is more of a gm problem but it is possible.

355

May also be a starter issue as well.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS. I THINK IT IS POSSIBLY THE TIMING ALSO. IT WILL TURN OVER JUST FINE BUT WILL NOT START. I WILL KEEP PLAYING WITH THE TIMING AND TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE WIRING. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK I AM GONNA SKIP THIS MALLORY ACROSS THE NEAREST POND.