2007 chevrolet uplander fuel pump runs but has no fuel pressure

Asked by Oct 10, 2013 at 09:28 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Uplander

fuel pump runs but have no fuel coming out to the fuel rail

465

replace fuel pump and fuel filter. if you ran it too long might be good idea to get new fuel pump relay, ive seen em melt... fuel filter is really tha prob but replace all.

5,640

Fuel filter may be clogged or the fuel pressure regulator is not working right. Doe's the fuel pump run constantly? If so the pick up tube in the tank may have fallen off or clogged so it is not picking up fuel If the pump is building up pressure it will shut off when the pressure is right if thats what it is doing than check the fuel filter and pressure regulator

Best Answer

it runs and shuts off the fuel pump does and it don't have a frame mounted filter everythings in the tank and the tank is about 6ft. long

5,640

If the pump is building pressure I would check the fuel pressre regulator first may be stuck shut. To check your filter take the fuel line off and see if you have fuel there by turning the key to the on position. If you do I would think the fuel pressure regulator is not functioning right

don't have a frame mounted filter

5,640

I know that. Thats why I suggested to take the fuel line off and turn the key on if you have lots of fuel comeing out your filter is not plugged. Take the line off and put your thumb or finger over it you should feal pressure and have fuel. If there is pressure I would not think the filter is clogged. And replace the regulator

30

If your doing 60 and the car shuts off on its own and won't turn on is it the fuel pump. When I turn the key it stays trying to turn on even when I let go of the key. Can it be the fuel filter or regulated.

Same question I have∆ mine won't turn on. But wen I turn it, will keep going even after I letgo of the key