Have an 1994 audi 90s that will run but will not idle, I have to throw it in neutral and keep it reved or it wil die, any ideas

Asked by Jan 03, 2007 at 06:17 PM about the 1994 Audi 90

17,585

Hello The short answer to this is that your car isn't getting the right amount of fuel at the right time. The longer answer involves the number of possible causes. It could be a leak in the intake which is exacerbated by the lack of pressure on the gas pedal. The engine may be getting too much air as a result. The throttle body may also contain excess build-up which will cause it to prevent the needed fuel from getting to the engine during idle. It could also be a fault idle air control valve or the fuel relay. I hope that this helps. Best of luck! CarGrrl

155

Guy,go and buy another car preferably VW Vento GL.

try your fuel filter first, u may have a vacum leak coming from the break booster lines.

10

I had the same exact problem on my 1994 CS90- it's the Idle Control Valve- Part # is C4030-51333 (Bosch unit). Takes 10-15 minutes to install.

10

I had the same exact problem on my 1994 CS90- it's the Idle Control Valve Part # is C4030-51333 (Bosch unit) Takes 10-15 minutes to install!

335

I had a very similar problem. It was determined to be a cam position sensor. With parts and labor it was fixed in a day for about $200.00 U.S.

dont buy a VW, that guy is dumb. it might cost you 300 bucks, but and idle air control valve sounds like the faulty component here...