how to shut off the seatbelt alarm

Asked by Dec 19, 2006 at 11:31 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

is there a way to shut off the dinging for the seatbelt alarm

17,425

Hello, Yes. Wear your seat belt, and the chime will stop =). I'd highly recommend against messing with this one. It would involve cutting wires that could affect not only the seat belt but its communication with your airbags. A seat belt once saved my life, and it's now the law in several states that they be worn. So, sorry, I can't tell you how to shut it off =( Sorry I can't help more with this one, CarGrrl

845

I would agree to wearing the seatbelts, however just look under the seat and you will see a wire going to the sensor in the seat. It will just unplug and it will also tell the airbag no-one is sitting there and the airbag will not deploy in an accident. The passenger side airbag normally will not deploy if no-one is in the seat but if you have groceries or something heavy enough in the passenger side seat it will.

120

Time Required: 5 minutes Tools Needed: Hands Keys Lots of patience Procedure: The Belt Minder is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. By default, the Belt Minder is active. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. You can De-Activate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it... The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle. The second method, permanent deactivation: Before starting, make sure that: The partking brake is set. The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual). The ignition is OFF. All doors are closed. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. The parking and headlights are OFF. 1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. 2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds! 3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. 4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. 5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds. 6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled. Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

40

What drawbacks are there for cutting the wires? I had to do this to get to take the buckle in to remove a shirt button from the buckle. Is anything but the belt minder effected in the 2008 trailblazer when the wires are severed?

10

There are pletny of legit reasons to NOT wear a seat belt. My '05 HD 2500 is a ranch truck. I am in and out getting gates on lease roads, checking cattle, hauling or feeding hay. I am driving on private property.

10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_7mGFCAwnU heres a step by step video on how to disable the seat belt chime of most jeep and dodge model vehicles