what is the evaportive emission system vent control circuit an canister vent solenoid an the purge system canister valve solenoid for ford f 250 superduty 2006 v10 4wd where are these items located

80

Asked by May 30, 2013 at 03:11 PM about the 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty

27,515

mounted on the chassis near the tank. will look similar to this.

24,615

The F-250 trucks I see are used in an Agriculture setting and the entire Evap System gets contaminated with dust/dirt. Despite Ford's best effort to place a filter in the atmospheric side of the vent, trucks that are used in dusty areas end up with the filter, canister, vent valve and related tubing full of debris. You could try to clean it out if this is the case but usually, everything is too far gone by the time it trips a DTC and the Check Engine light comes on. I replace the EVAP assembly and just get it over with. The filter has to be purchased separately but is cleanable.

80

my ford f250 is giving trouble code po174 system too lean (left cylinder bank) what doed that mean an how can i fix the problem

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over- oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor. Possible Solutions Possible solutions include: In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0174 Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

that's what I found....get an eyeball on that MAF sensor, it is about a 4" in diameter can in the intake air duct---somehow got oil on that? wish I could say definitively....not having inspected your motor.`~

you know what the PCV valve is...that little elbow on top of the valve cover what goes into the intake...a little rattle should rattle or else needs to be replaced would hazard to guess this motor's got a lot of miles on it...the gumming up of the pcv valve and subsequent obfuscation to the maf sensor can be slowed~....the green thing in the picture~

27,515

If you have lean codes on one cylinder bank i would take a look at the upstream oxygen sensor. Judge roy needs to post on something other than fords. He apparently just likes to post on what I answer to get on my nerves, something he is very good at. A faulty mass air flow would not set a lean code for one bank it would be for both since it affects both.

27,515

A vacuum leak is unlikely. Unless its something like intake gaskets for the affected bank. Any other vacuum leak would affect both banks

here is a cartoon...maybe this might help solve the mysteries~

...to answer the question, attached to the bottom of the vehicle near to the vacuum lines goin' to/from the tank....your lean condition apparently caused by the MAF sensor not bein able to sense because it's all snuffled with oil coming from an "oily air filter" and our a bad PCV valve...so clean that MAF, like the OBD-codes entry said to do, and perhaps this P0174 will stop bothering us then~

111,075

Hey judge. Thanks for the link to OBD-Codes.com. That will be a good resource for me in the future.

my pleasure Dandy...cannot tell you the amount of tenspeed skippies I've co-opted~ right now have to inform tennison about two goodies that he needs from rockauto.com here's the purge valve from rockauto.com

and the vent solenoid...both of these items are Unique to the ford V10....whew, I thought this thing would never end....dandyoun have been on this for hours...an emotional rollercoaster...you know how weird this problem is...cannot put gas in it?~~~~wholey roasters, what a scorcher~

111,075

Have two f-250 as company work trucks. Takes for ever to fill them with fuel. Fuel just not want to go down filler neck. Going to check ours out for what y'all been talking about. That's probably our issue too.

27,515

@dandyoun Take a look at the the vent valve and the lines. the purge valve would have nothing to do with that issue and its under the hood. the vent valve is under the bed area. sometimes the charcole canister gets stopped up and will cause that issue also. @judge those componets are not unique to a ford v10 practically every gas burning vehicle on the road has them. I dont know why you are spending hours on it I would try to help you but you dont listen to a word I say. I actually know about this stuff because I do it everyday your jumbling a bunch of no-sense together like usually and think you know what you are talking about. Seems to be a pattern forming here.

111,075

Thanks kbro. Will check it out.

you've got specific information to help lord tennison...please share it if you are the man~....(with the plan)...we're talkin' part numbers, prices etc~

our co-hort seems to be full of criticism, but no real answers...the V10 purge valve is unique to the V10, the vent solenoid is used on a bunch of models...but which is holding up the show? does anyone know? sure you are allowed to clobber the judge, but this will not help lord tennison~

here's a video that perhaps even dandyoun will be interested in...love the robot voice, tells you what, not really why all that well~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzfR84T6pBY

...I shoulda known, item 8 on our diagram, ...of course!, the fuel vapor vent valve...that was easy~

20

Judge were is the vapor vent valve?