Brake light please help!!!!

Asked by Mar 08, 2007 at 01:39 AM about the 1966 Ford Mustang

Im having a problem with my brakke lights. When I push my brake the brake lights do not come up. I have replaced the fuse, brake switch (on the brake peddle part), and the bulbs. The only thing I can think of next is the wiring? The turn signle works, but the hazards don't as well. Please anyone with some suggestions would help.

23,250

Hang on Snoopie! You are on the right track, it very well could be the wiring but there's also a break light switch that tells the brake lights that the brakes have been pressed. You may want to check the integrity of that switch as well. Good luck!

Yeah I have already replaced that brake light switched says so above didn't explain very weel.

765

Sounds like there's no juice getten to the back. At the switch. Using a test light. See if there is juice coming out of the switch. That way it narrows it down some. (Front or rear) . If you do get. Juice at the switch and your sure its ajusted properly. Then look at the wiring in the rear. For the age of the car. Could be something as simple as a bad ground. Hope this helps and let me know

you sure you adjusted the break light switch in proper position,as for the hazard light,look above gas peddle you will see a silver round switch just hanging down,unplug it replace with new one,is the hazard switch.