How many miles per gallon does a 79 Camaro get? (Inline 6 250 engine)

7,255

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 07:34 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Camaro

Hi Guru fella's (and girls) I am going to look at a 79 camaro tomorrow and it has a GM
Inline 6 cylinder 250 engine in it with a 3 speed manual transmission... I was just
wondering how many miles per gallon I would get out of that. Thanks, Joe

estimate: 14-18 mixed city/highway but 25 if you're tuned...as a carburetor car already hasn't got the sensitivity of the computer of an injected model...235 Chevy as I remember it, out of my '66 C10~ something like that...did not have it for long was replaced by a small block impala engine, yet still had the "pullin the plow" gear for the farmers~

Best Answer Mark helpful
7,255

Thanks Judge Roy! Much appreciated. I get just about those numbers now with my Mustang... I was just wondering because I want to buy something older.

yeah....ethyl...remember ethyl? none of this platinum infused goodness, just puffin' the familiar smell and sound of an air-cooled VW for example...you know efficiency is not the goal here, it's like me mini cooper....just hell of fun like a racing go-kart capable of autobahn speeds...it's crazy~

thanks joef, don't know where I'm goin' with all of this...the longer I stay the more questions I answer and then I've got to follow up, it is an infinity prison to which there will ALWAYS be car questions just as long as our car makers are riding the line between creating it cheaply and what has enough strength to stand up to today's routine abuse....I can recall BMW's are thick...hard to dent and heavy...perhaps .034 thickness on the body panels American fenders are typically .018-.022 thick...and now everyone's using carbon fiber...the need for vacuum encapsulation to set the chemicals possibly has gone away creating a 'discount' way to make carbon fiber panels now...should really read up on the latest...unfortunately aren't getting 'scientific american' or 'popular science' like I once did---anyways thanks joe, glad we could connect finally~

ask Henry to send you a CarGurus Cap....I think it's gonna be our uniform....DavidH25 insisted that he got one and Henry (such a dear man) was happy to send it to our number two guru (actually one, but he let tenspeed have the position)~ now if I could get him to put it on his head for his avatar picture, we'd be the guru army of automotive professionals~

...are you really seventeen years old?....myeah could be an older photo...I was seventeen once...I think...

7,255

Hahahaha! No, I am not 17... >_< Why would you feel that way? Oh, wait... I know.... I know I look young, but I am actually a little bit older. I will ask for a CarGuru's cap. I wish I could be on here more but I just don't find the time... This site becomes addicting -- In a good way, of course.