Where do I go to get the value of my 1976 Camaro so I can sell it? I cannot find anywhere on the web. HELP!!

Asked by Dec 12, 2006 at 05:10 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet Camaro

Last week as I was walking out of my office, I found a note on my 1976 Camaro from someone who would like to purchase it. I have no idea as to what price I should ask. I have searched the net and I am unable to find a website that can determine the true value of my car so that I may call this guy back with a price. I was not ready to sell her. I love her to death but she needs some work that I am unable to provide for her. And yes....I too am a girl who drives a really cool car =) If you could please help me. I would really appreciate any help that you may give. I'm really begining to get frustrated.
Thanks,
TS

31,275

Hi Smiley, It is tricky to find the retail price of a classic car because most online sites don't have cars predating the 80's. I dont know the mileage or the engine size (V6, V8?) but the average retail price is around $6500. High retail, which would be a car in perfect condition, is around $9000. Below is a site where you find the information. http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5006-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5012&c=7&m=1035&y=1976&z=02474&da=-1 I hope that helps you!

425

Hi Smiley, The first answer posted it is very hard to get a true retail price of a classic car , any classic car. But for some reason it is even harder to find one for a classic Camaro. For me to give you an answer I really would need to know a little more about the car. Which engine and is it the orignal engine. Is the car stock and all orginal or has it been modified at all. Alot of the 76 Camaros have had an engine swap for engines with much more power than what was offered in that year.There are 2 things that I can tell you. I owned 2 1976 Camaros. The first was all stock all I did to it was have a new headliner put in it. and had it painted. I sold it to a private buyer who paid $6000.00 for it. The other was a project car for me. I had a shortblock 350 dropped in it and added alot of performance parts.Engine topped out at around 350BHP, I added new tires,New wheels,new paint,and way too many other things to list here.I sold it(which was a big mistake) for $11500.00.I regret that to this day.My point is I got more for the one that I turned into a road burner than I did for the stock one.There are no set or exact rules for a classic.Here is my advice, Unless you just need the money, And there is nothing wrong with that.KEEP the car. It is not loosing value sitting there. in fact with every year that passes it will most probably gaine value. Then do what you can to it as you get the money. I really just don't want you to regret selling it the way that I regret selling the one I did. But if you are set on selling it, if you ewill provide me with as much information as you can I will do my best to get you a fair market value for you. Good luck, and please think hard before selling her.:) Terry

Hi Terry, Hey thanks for the new info. That guy who left the note did end up coming to my office to see her. And of course he wants her. My baby girl has a stock 305 v8 with many miles, a straight body, a new transmission that was installed in July 2006, a very clean interior that could use new carpet. Her dash board is almost perfect minus the small crack that I have managed to keep from spreading over the years. Back seat is clean and there are no tares or seams coming undone. The center console is also in great shape and she even has the original hubs on the wheels. (which I really don't like and I've always wanted to put Chevy Rallies on her). I REALLY DO NOT want to give her up as I love to drive her and I'm very attached. (if you didn't already know..lol) I am using her as my every day driver and I have been for some time now. This must stop as I hate putting more wear and tear on her every day. If I had another vehicle to use for my every day driver then I would NEVER even think about selling her to this guy. But she does need some TLC that I am unable to provide to her at this time due to not knowing anyone around here that I would even trust her with and the money. I know that she would love a makeover and I would love to have her the way I've always wanted (maybe I should I call Oprah..lol) her. I would really appreciate any other useful info that you may have that could help me. I don't want to sell myself short nor do I want to be a _itch and rip this guy off. But then again, he did say that my car is his dream car and he already has new seats,paint and some new valve covers etc. Thanks again and I look forward to another response. Sincerely, Smiley

425

Okay first thing a is always worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Al ways remember that. Now i will give you the facts from a huge database of this model car. Avarage price $1948.00. High price $9901.00. There are alot of factors in the difference between these prices.As I said before I would keep the car. But if this is this guys dream car and he has parts to do some tihngs to it. He may want it bad enough to get a nice price for it. I have not seen the car but from what have have said so far. And now remember this is me.I have made many mistakes selling Camaros that I should have kept. I would start at $3000.00 and check his reaction. Then go from there. I hope this helps and I really wish you would or could keep the car. :) Terry