Hi im thinking of buying a 73' camaro the car is far from perfection although great shape 18,000 dollars? will the car gain value?

Asked by Mar 09, 2007 at 05:59 PM about the 1973 Chevrolet Camaro

The guy says the motor has 40,000 miles (on rebuilt) and 20,000 miles on the trans(rebuilt). The body laser strait and repainted(not original paint) the interior is ok condition far from show room floor. Also dual cigarette sockets placed into holding tray under stereo(not all original) also new cd player in place of original and speakers(no sub woofers). The guy says a new stronger rear axle was installed, also some new bushings, bearings small suspension parts, the rims are stock i think. It has the chrome drip rails around the windows. The paint has normal wear and tear, the chrome is not perfect some small spots here and there. The rear seat is the only with perfect upholstery, others are covered. I dont know if it has wrecked although my guess is it has at least 1 fender bender. The interior carpet is new, I rode in the car and it feels and runs very solid. The guy says its his daily driver and fires up like a new car, exhaust sounds good, rides smooth. He says it ws appraised at around 18 thousand and will only appreciate over time which I find hard to believe when it isnt all original. He says he has 20 thousand into the car plus im sure his blood and sweat. But im a firm beleiver that you fix up cars yourself to keep them, you never get back all you put in unless YOUR driving the car.Can you help me???????

30,585

Seems really high to me. I would go to Nada.com. Click on the consumers tab and then classic cars and then get the average price. I would say it should be closer to $10000. Look at ebaymotors.com too. They have a lot listed. You can an idea of price there too.