how many 73 chevelles were built with 454 engine.and what are they worth.

Asked by Aug 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM about the 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle

how many 73 chevelle lagunas were built with 454 engine.and what are they worth.

43,565

If you contact the GM Historical department, for a small fee, they will produce a report showing your vehicle's original build information, as well as give you information about other statistics on that year. I would imagine a '73 Chevelle with a numbers-matching 454 engine would be somewhat valuable, but depending on other factors like overall condition, it's hard to give a solid number or even a good guesstimate.

You can check nada.com for the value

I looked for this GM historical place and I couldn't find it, 73 were very low compression engines if it's stock. something like 240-260 hp. not much of performance . Do you have a picture? I remember when those cars were new! they are sharp & with some work can be very fast. if it's in really good shape, no rust or bondo ,it could go for around $15-20 grand.

465

YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT CHEVY WOULD DROP ANY ENGINE, TRANS, REARENDN IN ANY CAR YOU WANTED. 67 NOVA, RUNNING GEAR-= ALL VETTE!!

I think GM made about 2500 or so of the Laguna in 73, and most came with the 350. I don't think I have ever seen a 73 454 laguna or a 4-speed manual laguna. Not sure if 73 had a ss and if so not all had the 454, and I do know that they did have some 4-speed 454's and 350's in 73. I had a triple green (green paint, green vinyl n green interior) 73 laguna, and a 74 red with black vinyl and black interior, both 350's and bench seats, and both had 50's on the back Kelly's, and no air shocks, part of the coolness of these cars is that they had huge rear wheel wells, and when the nova's, camero's either had to be jacked sky high or run maybe 65's they would just sit and spin, specially if they had one wheel peal, like most cars of the late 60's and early 70's did. Anyhooo, the laguna's are most rare, than the ss 454, ss 350, then the basic chevelle, or even Malibu, were similar. and also depending on what color and if they had a bench seat or floor shifter which they did have some auto floor shifters, and if you find a laguna with 454 (which I am not sure if they put a 454 in the laguna) with a 4-speed manual with a bench seat and was like triple black, or triple green, or some other color other than white, red, cuz those were most popular. and if it had a posi is also a big deal , and be aware of fakes............