I have a '67 chevelle! Is it common for a 6' guy not to fit in the driver seat comfortably? I feel crunched up and the seat is as far back is it will go?

Asked by May 08, 2015 at 08:38 AM about the 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle

These old classics were cool in ways, but ergonomics was not on the engineers' radar in the '60s- nor was crash safety- beware- and be careful-

Iv'e had a few "67" Chevelles and i'm 6'3" and 270lbs and your right they are cramped.

Got a 69 chevelle,My gress is most interiors swell up over time,there for not much room left for us.can you imagine riding or what ever got done In the back seat today.LOL

Guys with other cars can run into the same problem even if they are the same height. Some guys are long in the body while others have a short body and long legs. I'm not long anywhere. The factories try to hit a happy medium which can cause problems for the guys at the extreme ends of the scale.

Kelly Mayo

the nice thing about the GM A Bodies is there is a lot of room under there..many companies make adj.seat runners..or you can just move yous back..use the largest washers you can to sandwich it to the frame/floor pan..

Thanks Kelly! That is what me and my buddy had discussed! H'es 6;4" so he really can't be comfortable but that would make sense! Thanks for all your comments! Keep those classics on the move!! Cheers! bb

Kelly Mayo

you would think it was a game with me all the times ive changed / moved seats in all of my chevelles..