AIRBAGS

Asked by Sep 18, 2012 at 02:57 AM about the 1989 Chevrolet Camaro

my favorite car is a third gen camaro but there is only a 3 year window of models that have airbags,
would it be possible to have an airbag system from a 4th gen camaro put into a 1989 or below, like the
steering wheel

140

Hello,dear friend, Here are some car diagnostic tool and car repair tool . www.autoobd2.co.uk . http://www.autoobd2.co.uk/wholesale/airbag-resetting-and-anti-theft-code-reader-853.html ,http://www.autoobd2.co.uk/wholesale/obd2-can-bus-service-interval-and-airbag-reset-free-shipping-819.html

34,315

I bet that really helped joyfei. Jamestynan I don't know where your from but here in America if the one object will physically fit into another then with a little ingenuity anything is possible. And if the object won't fit then lots of ingenuity can still make it happen... what I'm saying is yes.

995

well the problem would primarially be that if ur car doesnt have airbags right now, its going to be hard to find a place to put them....im sure u could get a steering wheel with an airbag in it, but it would probably look pretty weird....a lot of custom work would have to go into getting the airbags in, putting them on proper mounting brackets so they dont pop out ur dash, and also making the panels that pop away when an airbag goes off.....idk if u've seen an airbag detonation when its not hooked up to a car, but its a violent explosion that has a greater chance of hurting u by not being attached properly

34,315

I'd take the dash, steering column, sensors, and whatever else goes with the srs out of a 3rd Gen that already had it and figure it out from there.

1,155

John has the right idea. Stay a close to what you already have.