I have 92 toyota pickup that wont fire unless jump from another vehicle or dump clutch

Asked by Apr 05, 2015 at 06:57 AM about the 1992 Toyota Pickup

have already swapped starter and battery....still same problem....will not
engage starter unless adding secondary power or dump cluch

38,275

I would buy new battery cables. Cut the protective coating off the cable about two inches above the connector. If you find that the copper is all white powder, it has probably crept up even higher. It may be just as bad down at the starter. Anytime I have seen this happen it was due to low voltage. Either a weak battery or bad cables and grounds.