mY 1992 tOYOTA pASEO BRAKE LIGHTS WON'T TURN OFF WHEN I TURN THE CAR OFF. WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT?

25

Asked by Jun 09, 2007 at 03:55 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo

32,065

its an electrical issue. probably a result of crossed or loose wires.

65

Or your break switch needs adjustment/replaced. With out investigating, or having the book for the car, it's hard to say exactly what to do, but the switch should be located right around the brake pedal shaft. Of course, I though the same with the clutch shift, but couldn't find that when I looked. I hope this helps!

10

The Brake Pedal switch needs to be replaced. ( It's under the brake pedal & just gotten worn out over time) I had this problem with my 92 paseo @ about 130K miles or so.