how do I replace the speedometer cable on a 92 paseo. It appears that it is not working correctly due to the fact that the gauge tries to do 100+. Any help would be appreciated.

25

Asked by Sep 06, 2007 at 09:29 AM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo

14,395

Hi pricefam75, Fortunately, the newer vehicles don't have what used to be called the "speedometer cable". This has been replaced with a sending unit that is bolted to the transmission and reports your speed to your vehicles computer system. This sending unit has a small gear on one end that is inserted into the transmission. It's then connected to your vehicles computer system via the wiring harness. Locate the sending unit and unbolt it from the transmission. Disconnect it from the wiring harness. Replace the unit in reverse. Hope this helps!