Where can i find performance parts for a 1992 toyota celica GT 2.2L. I have looked all over and can't find anything.

35

Asked by Sep 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM about the 1992 Toyota Celica

85

unfortunatly for you that the model of celica you have is NOT a sports car and never will be ! I think you will find that it is a 2 door camry and that most engine and suspension parts are intercangeable ! My advice would be to sell it and buy a propper sports car ! To be more precise, a car that was designed to be a sports car to begin with ! E.G mazda MX5/RX7 nissan skyline/silvia/240SX, toyota supra/chaser/soarer ! And the only FWD cars that handle any good are honda civic/integra/prelude/accord euro , VW Golf GTI/VR6 ! So my point wold be if you want a sports car BUY one rather than try and make a family car into one !

35

well believe it or not my car beats hondas anyday of the week so idk.

125

i say go for it dude, if what that other dude says is true, and its known as a "family car" then they'll never see it coming. what kinda parts r u looking for exactly? engine stuff or suspension and chassis stuff? if u can't find a cold air intake u could make one pretty easily. 3 inch pvc pipe worked for me. exhaust wouldn't be hard either, just get a universal muffler and have it welded on. those two should be good for a noticeable increase in horsepower. as for other parts, try asking ur local shops.

125

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/celica/r62220/comments/ read this and it answers alot. ebay parts usually aren't good, and custom parts are expensive to make or have made.

85

Even so honda's aren't much of a challenge to begin with !!! Have you considered a GT4 celica ? they are at least 4WD and turbo !!!

85

Did you actually read the posts or glance at them you tool !!! :) lol

125

no i read them lol but there is some good info in there for him. but i see ur point, the easiest thing to do would be to get another car. if thats all he's got though, there are a few things that could be done with it.

195

cold air intake will give yu more power...but a muffler isnt gonna do shit unless you go for a full exhaust including tuned headers, hi flow cat AND muffler...which gets expensive pretty quick

55

yeah, Like some of the guys said, Id reccomend selling that car. If you want to stick with a toyota, upgrade to a jdm supra twin turbo. or even a single turbo. Those cars are beast, and look very sexy done up.

45

ebay :p

225

Betya my 1999 prelude slaughters your car over and over

295

Money wise it would be more worthwhile to spend it on a better car. But if you wanna try to make a monster out of something unusual that'll be real interesting. For now you can try mailing shops and see if they know anything. Often parts for certain cars can be used on other models. And some parts are pretty universal and some can be used if certain portions are custom made. And if it comes to the worst, there are shops that do custom jobs at a decent price.

1,695

if it's true what they say about a Celica compared to a Camry and both cars are not considered to be sports cars, here's a suggestion...is it a rear wheel drive? coz if it is, there's this crazy idea like what my friend did..he pimped out a 92 Camry ZX 4WD for drifting...took out the dash and seats except the dirver's of course...rollcage and braces, dropped in an S4 DOHC with turbo, short ram, racing cams, BTE powerglide tranny, RSR suspension and drift tires...and it's good to go... i mean, a Celica is not for drifting but surely Celica owners can come up with ways to create a sportier look and a respectable boost in power, drop in a turbo, nice set of wheels and suspension drop...not saying it can beat a Chevy in a straight line, but atleast it's worthy of being classified as a sports car...

105

hey man the 92 celica's are pretty sweet. it is 4WD right, and you can drop turbos in them which makes up alooot of horsies. ive seen guys drop in t3/t4 turbos into a celica with a front mount intercooler running and 10 or 12 PSI and they smookkee shit. Like they can bring the heat man

1,695

that's what im pointing out...the Celica being branded as a non-sports car, is not true...yeah its 4wd and to some extent after the turbo and intercooler, a little suspension tweak and drift tires and voila! or if they want it street...it's also possible...

70

well "sam" u must be might stupid to say that a 92 celica isnt a "proper" sports car. cuz im pretty sure that they wouldnt have used them in the world rally competitions for many years if they were just a " 2 door camery". so you sir are a "proper" idiot. and btw, ive driven a honda civic and a prelude and they dont handle as well as a celica, and if u dont believe me im sure jeremy clarkson from TOP GEAR would back me up as he has reviewed all 3 of them. BURN!

5

then i guess my celica gt 92 is a freak of nature and its set up for drifting its great

5

most of the parts are shipped from japan import it takes time to get them but its worth it .

OK to that kid up there that said this celica ain't a sports car lmao I've had rx7 Mazda's specially Hondas I'm a JDM Honda guy and I got out of the Honda game for reasons ppl fuck Hondas up and they ask $5000 to $12,000 for a car that needs work or just has a swap u spend so much money on a Honda for nothing I just bought a 92 Toyota Celica GT 2.2 manual 150k no probs at all and its moves and it is a sports car on eBay u find all kinds of goodies for it and go on google type in what u looking for and u will see what u can find Toyota will always be a better car out there.

Some of you are saying easier to get another car no is not trust me I've been messing with cars since I was 10 I do swaps and build and all stay with ur celica go on eBay u will find great clutch kits there intake headlights with hids visors headers exhaust anything u want and if u can't find something on there type on google 92 celica gt 2.2 performance parts and it will take u to some good websites I found nice cams for $90 and also in Puerto Rico they make anything happen to any car don't matter if its sports or not don't give up.