What can happen,my car steering is not straight when am driving on a straight road.

akindele_jegede
0

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 06:38 AM about the 1992 Toyota Camry

Whenever the car is going straight I have to tilt the steering or else it will be going side ways.

Michael Tutty
7,375

Number one, get your alignment checked TODAY. If it is pulling that hard, either something is worn out, or you hit something and bent things. You will wear your tires out faster than you can believe possible. If that is not it, you may have a broken or shifted belt in the tire. The other option is that you could have a stuck brake caliper. No matter which the car is not safe if the pull is bad enough to get you sideways.

Ditto....Michael, well said, but an under inflated tire, like almost flat is all I could add and akindele you DO have the same size tires on both sides, right?

DOGtrackin' this is normally found on 'previously salvaged' cars that have been straightened with a porta-power. Looks perfect, but when it's going down the road looks kinda sideways. Have yet to see a dodge van that didn't dogtrack.

could call up carfax to see if it's previously salvaged. If it is sell it immediately as these things should be taken off the road and not sold as correct.

Does carfax go back 21 years? I hope so because that is also a good suggestion

Guess a Dodge Van isn't going to break any sound barriers, so this phenomenon goes un noticed by the automaker, they are probably thinking "it's just for hauling, being a van",and "no one's going to notice", but you can never see both sides of the vehicle.

It's a Camry here though

well the 'facts' are tied to the VIN, we all have a vin number, so there has to be 'a report' about it.

if vehicles were designed with the driver in the back, it'd be easy to carry on a conversation while driving. Can't think of a single crazy design that does this. I mean the volkswagen bus has your legs as the first line of defense. Why don't they design things safer, with the driver in a commanding view, like an SUV? I know it's a camry, and an excellent design, but keepin it safe should be top priority.

My father-in-law was an inspector for a living (Tony Hacker) and he said that Toyota parts ALWAYS come in on spec. and was buying toyotas until his death five years ago. Swore by them-

Can't argue with that logic, Bob. Cars can be replaced. Human lives not.

1

equals

Bradley Shelledy
1,225

does the vehicle track straight first, or in other words if you let go does it pull to the right or left...second yes your car will need an alignment, but if it does track straight it's not as bad, you don't have to run out immediately to get it corrected.

our associate David is stressing the point that if you're distracted. you are going to be met with an hydraulic ram that puts you out of business permanently and re-affirms darwinism, so you will no longer be a hazard to the rest of us~

Do it right. or don't do it at all!

LOL...have you guys noticed that akindele_jegede is keeping rather tight lipped about what's really going on. I remember back when I was a drinking man every car I own had the same problems on the way home mostly but generally on the way there also but always was a lot worse on the way home, never could figure it out.

Wheres the button for that was Least Helpful or Most Stupid ?

right with you on that one Regal. also why arent points subtracted for a WRONG answer? probably if we were getting paid for these little nuggets of information, would be taken more seriously. hey, we're just havin fun out here. order yourself a pizza if you can't take a joke.

84,545

The original poster did not mention if the car is pulling. It says that the wheel is "tilted" when going straight. - If it's always been that way, it could be that someone aligned the front end by turning on one tie rod end instead of both. I had that happen at a Jeep dealership.

WTF, The stupid question was, what can happen, the stupid but brilliant reply is FN CRASH this is the stupidest bunch of crap, the people ask stupid questions, don't respond and all of us sit here and try and fn one up each other, this crap should be shut the F down it's a waste

,,,take it easy there gary. we are here to amuse you. Are you not amused yet?...yes abused, not amused...gotcha-

Thanks bro, but I think I'm going to stick at RegalGS and 3800 performance where there is some serious conversation. I have gotten so many PM messages from people who asked a question and then came back and read all the lengthy BS that gets put on this site from the time they ask a question and the time they come back to read a response, stupid or what ever we think and they are flat out embarrassed to reply or frightened and I have personally tired of it and I am seriously thinking of not being a part of this crap. I frankly prefer questions about making cars faster and more mods and this isn't it, this is a pitiful clown show and I personally am embarrassed that I went along with it "for a minute" if out of any other reason than, thought it was stupidly funny, but today I'm not laughing, so screw this.

,,,wooof~