Why does truck shake when I drive on the freeway?

35

Asked by May 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM about the 1995 Toyota Pickup

just stated shaking on the freeway. got the wheels aligned and it still shakes. Got a majoor tune up and fluid cchange still shakes! wassup?

65

CAUSE wheels need balancing or u need an alignment

check your tires because if u needed an alignment then your tires could have worn down to the point when your gona need new tires.

540

If you just had an alignment the next thing i would do is have the tires balanced, then if that does not help you probably need new tires. Of course having not seen the condition of the tires, if the tires are worn badly, or don't have much tread left then i would skip the balance and recommend tires. This is of course assuming that you do not have a loose tie rod end, ball joint, or wheel bearing.

70

Wheel alignment will not cause a vehicle to shake. It is probably wheel balance problem. Check if there is mud or gravel caked on the inside of the wheels, then get the wheels balanced.

45

Is the truck lifted? Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? What kind of tires are on it?

20

Your wheels could be chopping due to lack to balance and rotation this would cause the uneven tire wear (usually on the inside of the tire) and cause the shake at high speeds

375

another thing to check is wether your drive shaft needs to be balanced that can make things vibrate badly

25

ha ha maybe it's attempting to dance.... sorry weird humour.... is the steering aligned properly? it happens with my frinds corolla but her steering's stuffed

160

My 02 f 150 shakes at 55 new ball joints new tie rod end balance tires and aliement has been done what else can it be its coming from the rear end

265

One thing that no one mentioned is that you may have a broken belt in a tire that still balances at low speed !!

20

I agree with bad tires, I just changed 2 bad fronts shake was at 60 n higher , since replacement all gone except a little bit , I will be checking my drive shaft u joints. Also for the person with truck not going forward or back but runs , can either be locked brakes, or low tranny fluid etc.

20

oh usually it goes like this if u drive and your steering wheel shakes means front tires bad or unbalanced. if u feel shaking in your seat , means back tires, hope this helps.