do you resolve dispute between a used car dealer and a buyer?

Asked by Jul 01, 2013 at 05:23 PM about the 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser

ii bought a 2001 Toyota landcruiser at socalautogroup. before I put up a deposit, I asked the car dealer, if everything is working in the car, I got an affirmative answer so I put a deposit of 1,000.00 on june 21, and I should pick up the car on june 23. when I got the car, I found out that the antenna is not working and the glass rooftop is not sliding. I contacted dennis at socalautogroup and told him .about the situation and told him the problem. at that time he told me he has a customer and told me to callhim back later, icall him back twice and never got areturn call from him. if you can settle this issue , I will appreciate it very much. thanks in advance,

I sympathize with your problem, I really do, but I don't know of anything we can do here on this forum. All we do is (try) helping folks with mechanical issues and opinions of cars. Keep after them, make sure they know you are not going to just 'go away' like they want. Maybe some of the other guys that frequent this forum will have some ideas

264,355

David is right, we can't really help you only you can resolve this issue. I'd personally walk into the dealership demanding resolution. Don't back down and get loud if you have to, but be professional about it. Only recourse I can see is to contact a lawyer, but what they charge today, your probably better off doing it yourself. Tell them you will post negative feedback online, (toyota forums), and see if that helps.

Good idea Tom http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/login ...and create an account, lots of people use that website. Have your VIN # ready, and post your complaint

I frequent that site answering Corolla questions. Thousands of people will see it

Best Answer Mark helpful
24,035

another used car/used car lot story- is anyone listening? on the other hand, why expect to go to a used car lot and get a 12 year old car with NO problems- or have a used car salesman who knows what he's talking about? C'mon- it's a USED CAR LOT- you are lucky- your antenna and sliding roof are inop- so many people have just had their used cars explode like a hummer over a land mine on the way home from the used car lot- OK that may be exaggerating, but not much- if you like the car, just get the antenna fixed- and stop expecting perfection in 10 year old cars from used car lots

you are absolutely correct on that, but before I make a deposit on this car, I specifically asked the salesman if everything is working properly since I travel 60 miles tothis area and I don't have time to check the car and I got an affirmative answer to that. since I am a very trusting person I took his word that the car is ok. that all there is to it.