toyota solara 2001 4 cyl 220,000 miles is leaking oil inside car behind passenger seat ( puddle). My carport has an oil leak in front of passenger wheel, by passenger door, and back passenger tire.

20

Asked by May 21, 2016 at 04:45 AM about the 2001 Toyota Camry Solara

Oil leak inside of car behind passenger seat
floor. Please help. Any futher information
you may need, i will provide. Thank you so
much.

286,765

Black engine oil or do you mean coolant?

20

Tom, Thank you for your reply. It's not coolant, its a dark brown oil. A little history that i may provide. I see where your coming from when you ask about possible coolant. Yes, I've had coolant leak inside of my car due to failure of my heater core and that leak was on drivers side of vehicle front and back floor boards. I've been dealing with a coolant leak and major oil leak for some time now (2 years) I've has been into whatever shops and even taken my car to Toyota and had a master tech work on my car. Only the obvious was fixed. Just like every other place. This recent time that Toyota worked on my car. I had to go back after A couple days due to the over heating and coolant leak. When it came to the coolant leak, I had a feeling it may have been the heater core, which was over looked. My car continued to over heat and leak after taking my car into a Toyota Dealership. I just happen to pick up junk from my back seat floor ( Jackets, wrappers, ect, whatever kids had left back there) Everything was soaked, yes extremely soaked. Just like taking clothes out of the wash before the spin cycle...no joke. I even asked Toyota if it was the heater core the first time. I was told no because inside my car would be wet. Well, why wasn't my car checked for any coolant leak inside my car. Only because picking and clearing out my back floor. Thats when again i discovered the puddle of coolant. Meaning...bingo heater core just like I told Toyota. So what happen next? My car was taken bad in and i gave permission to by pass the heater core. Which, I was told it would be a less expensive cost and was told I would not have a heater. Ok whatever just tired of spending money. Second part of this story is oil leak by front tire, by passenger door, and by back tire. I was told it was drip off front the front part of my engine. Ive been going crazy fixing every seal , ring, plug in my engine. This last time I was told it was from my cam shaft. So supposible that was fixed along with the fix of the by passing if my heater core. After all that was fixed a week later my car is still leaking major oil and now in my back passenger floor board. (Dark brown oil) no more coolant leak on ground so far. I hope this helps a little. If not please ask me more questions. thank u